NITA Board Members are working towards collecting several resources for translators and interpreters in these trying times. If you wish to add more information to this list, please contact NITA Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The IRS has extended the tax payment deadlines for 2020 for the 2019 tax return, estimated and corporate taxes. The new due dates can be found here.
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act explains in detail how to apply for SBA loans, unemployment under the CARES Act, and more.
- Find more information about what the CARES Act means for freelancers.
- Senator Jacky Rosen developed a Nevada Business Resource Guide.
- ATA President Ted Wozniak developed an excerpt ATA Members and the CARES Act featuring the major provisions of interest to ATA members.
- Nevada Health Link opened a limited Special Enrollment Period from 3/17/20 - 4/15/20 due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Click here for more info.
- Free recorded webinar on The Two Trillion Dollar "Cares Act" by law firm Weinberg, Roger & Rosenfeld.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA): Unemployment support for otherwise ineligible workers, including self-employed. Keep checking this Nevada website for updates and program activation.
- PUA and PPP: A Guide for Freelance Translators and Interpreters, by Premium Financial-Legal Translations, LLC
- Android Tablets for Wordsmiths, free self-pacedwebinar, offered by Techforword.
- iPads for Wordsmiths, free self-paced webinar, offered by Techforword.
- ATA members can watch the entire 2017 ATA Conference, ATA58, for free.
- Free recorded Infection Control and Industrial Safety for Medical Interpreters webinar by Masterword.
- Free recorded webinar by InterpretAmerica 2020: A unified response to ensure access to interpreting services during the pandemic.
- Novel Coronavirus Education offered for free by interpretertraining.com
- Training Programs for Video Remote Interpreters offered by the National Center for State Courts.
- The Remote Interpreter Webinar Series, a free resource by Cross-Cultural Communications.
- Recorded Webinar: “We’ve Got This: Life in Translation and Interpretation During Unprecedented Times” by past NITA president Judy Jenner.
- Telephone Interpreting: A Comprehensive Guide to the Profession (PDF book). A free resource by Nataly Kelly.
SAFETY & OTHER GUIDANCE
- Remote Interpreting resources by CCHI.
- COVID-19 Guidelines for protecting your health and staying safe by California Federation of Interpreters.